Our project wants to help the gyms and those who use the fitness equipment.
This project eases workouts by counting the repetitions, so the person can focus on exercises and performing them correctly. An additional feature is sending the a set amount of counts to the user's email, and thus the person in question can periodically see their reps and can draw conclusions depending on the results.
Using the listed components and following the schematics and source code provided, you can recreate it and even improve it.Here is a video demonstration:
For example, every 10 reps a mail is sent. Here you can see the Gmail connection:
- Install the 4-Digit Display library on the Raspberry Pi module using: pip install raspberrypi-tm1637
- Copy or download the source code
- Assemble the physical components following the schematics
- Change the Gmail account in the source code (receiver and sender)
- To run the application use python3 proiect_sm.py or run it within the IDE
Note: Be sure to have Python 3 or later versions installed on your machine.