We are 4 engineers students in our engineering school named Polytech Sorbonne. In our studies, we worked and created a prototype which allows to monitor bees. This system is installed in a beehive and it is made up of several sensors like temperature sensors, humidity sensors, audio microphone, weight sensors and others...
Thanks to an antenna which allows to send the beehive data to a website, we can follow life conditions of bees live.DATAS MEASURED AND SENT
ALL STEPS OF OUR PROJECT
- Temperature indoor and outdoor
- Humidity indoor and outdoor
- Frequencies emitted by bees
- Beehive weight
- Outdoor Brightness
- Battery of our system
- Order the list of materials needed
- Test each composant with the Arduino Board
- Test all the sensors together and pins assignements
- Creation of the Electrical Schematic
- Creation of the PCB
- Add connectors to the PCB
- Arduino Programming ( C++)
- Drawing of Electrical Schematics
- Read Electronic Datasheets
- Making PCB thanks to a software
- Lorawan and The Things Network protocol
Even if you don't master everything mentionned above, you can easily learn these notions by yourself.DATA DEMONSTRATION
On the website named Ubidots, you can follow the beehive data live thanks to theses curves.POSTER
https://youtu.be/niPRI8t2cnAHOW TO CONNECT TO LORAWAN
We chose to transfer our data using a LoraWan device with The Things Network because we had a gateway next to our beehive site. You can use other network like Sigfox... Here's how we did with LoraWan.
1) Create a The Things Network account : https://account.thethingsnetwork.org
2) On the console, select "Go to application" and create a new application "+Add application".
3) Go on "End devices" and create a new device "+Add end device". In the field champ Brand, select Seeed Technology, then the model "Seeed Studio lorawan Dev kit" and finally the profile depending your location (it was "EU_863_870" for us).
For the 2nd part, "Enter registration data" :Frequency plan : Europe 863-870 MHz (SF9 for RX2 – recommended) (our configuration)AppEUI : Fill with zeros DevEUI : GenerateAppKey : Generate End device ID : you choose
Your device is now created.
In the code you'll have to enter your APPKEY, DEVEUI and APPEUI here where it's red.